This guide details the steps to quickly set up BIM 360 service for your project, including:
- Account Administration
- Project Creation
- Service Activation
Once your BIM 360 subscription is activated, the Account Administrator will automatically receive a welcome email with a link to get started (shown below).
Selecting the “Activate your account” button in the email will launch the Account Administration portal.
Sign into Account Administration with your Autodesk ID. If you don’t have an Autodesk ID, you can select the “Create Account” button to create one. Please note: Each welcome email is meant for only one person. Do not forward it to others. The first time you access to account administration, you do so from the email invitation.
How can I tell if I’m an Account Administrator?
- You received the welcome email
- You can login to: admin.b360.autodesk.com
- This link shows you an Account Administration button
If you can't find the email and your account is not yet activated, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the welcome email resent.
Through the Account Administration portal, you can manage your BIM 360 account, including projects, members, and companies. You can link to Account Administration directly by visiting admin.b360.autodesk.com (Link to the EU Server: admin.b360.eu.autodesk.com). BIM 360 has two levels of administration to ensure security and control across your projects: Account Administration and Project Administration. Only Account Admins have the ability to create new projects, activate BIM 360 services, and assign Project Administrators.
Use the Account Settings tab to customize your account (Item G, below). You can upload your company logo, edit your account name, and invite account admins, and define business units for reporting.
To add additional account administrators:
- In Account Settings, select the + icon.
- Add account admin by entering the name or email address and save.
- BIM 360 will send the new account admin an email invitation.
Quick Navigation: Account Administration
Adding at least one additional account admin is a best practice to ensure that you are not a single point of failure for account management.
From the Projects menu, you can create a project and activate BIM 360 service in two steps.
Step 1 - Create a Project
- Select the Projects tab on the toolbar (Item 1, below).
- Click the + Add button to start a new project.
- Enter project information (required fields are marked with an asterisk).
Step 2 – Activate Service
- Click the Activate button for the desired BIM 360 service.
- Assign a project administrator. You may add multiple project admins.
- The project admin will receive an invitation email. They will need to click the link the email to join the project.
That's it! You're ready to set up your project.
If you wish to activate additional BIM 360 services or project admins, select the project name from the Project menu and click on the Services and Admins tab, then activate services as before.