Create a federated model in a cloud environment by importing multiformat files to share with a distributed team. You’re then ready to perform simple checks and analysis and improve collaboration during the next construction phase.
Architects, engineers, designers, project managers.
You can push a model view to the cloud directly from Revit.
- First install the BIM 360 plug-in in Revit.
- Go to your BIM 360 Glue account.
- Click to download and install the plug-in.
2. In the Add-Ins ribbon, select Glue.
3. Use this option to sign in, identify the host, and select views to push to the cloud. You can choose between the available views in Revit.
4. Alternatively, upload the model directly in Glue. You can then upload many file formats, including the following native formats. For details, see this page.
All the files pushed to the Glue project can then be merged in the cloud and used as a federated model.
This YouTube video explains the basic steps: https://youtu.be/J-M2ZgXhaDk
This process allows designers, architects, and engineers to review their models in advanced phases. They can check for clashes and navigate inside the model to verify that everything is OK. Also, the project manager can look at the aggregated model before the project is delivered to anticipate and implement requests from decision makers.
Because everything is in the cloud, anyone with a Glue account and access to the host can assess the current situation anytime and anywhere. You can even save views and send alerts to other people on the team.
You can also send the model back to Revit and modify it there. Also, the Glue model can serve as the Navisworks "cloud" for establishing an optimized workflow.
Revit and Navisworks are part of the Autodesk AEC Collection.